Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Paper neck shims - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paper neck shims

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity100
    Dunno...just going off the premise that brass makes good nuts (I heard) and the whole high-mass trem block thing. The more solid the substance, the better the "connectivity", at least in my enfeebled mind.
    Find a 1980s acoustic with a brass nut. Play some open string stuff and see what brass does for tone. Brass hardware was a fad for a while in the days of stripy neck-through Alembic lookalikes. Remember these?

Traditionally Fender have used bone or plastic for nuts and steel for saddles (on strats). They've been using a die-casting alloy for trem blocks for years. American Standard and Series strats (1987-2007) also use die-cast alloy saddles. I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that there's very little reason to change any of these parts but, as always it's down to the owner's tastes.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm getting old, but I don't remember a lot of those little white rectangles with red X 's in them....................
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's become almost academic now...I GASsed last night and bought one o' them there snazzy chrome red bodies (a MIM, the price was right), so the MM neck I have will go on that, as will the TS pups. Then it will go out for a set up and possibly a LSR roller nut (if they don't gouge me on it). I "best offered" on a nice neck on that semi-popular online auction site, but I guess it wasn't Best enough! Blue Lou will still get a new bridge, and maybe some better pup's eventually, but it's time to audition for a new #1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12