Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 101 Guitar Tips - Best tips to improve your playing

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I totally agree about relaxing. I think you also have to add a couple more to that list...

1. Practice clean, without distortion. It will really improve your picking technique. I thought this was overrated until I tried it. I was blown away by the results.

2. Listen to the sound that's coming from the amp, or the instrument if it's acoustic. I lot of people focus on what their fingers are doing, but that's not really the most important thing. How it SOUNDS is.

Post Thanks / Like

I can already tell that this list is going to be a great reference for me to keep coming back to as I learn to play! Thank you sir!

Found Number 100(50 on the 2nd list) to be VERY inspiring! I have a minor disability in my fretting hand (left index finger doesn't curl fully or straighten perfectly). This has led me to even consider playing lefty and in the past has allowed me the excuse to put down the guitar (you know---why bother if I don't have perfect joint movement). Any way, watching the video linked to in that tip was a great help in putting my "disability" into perspective.

Thanks again!
    RIG 1:
    Guitar: Epiphone Ebony G-400 SG "Fast Eddie"
    Amplifier: Peavey Vypyr 15
    Effects: I think the amplifier has a bunch built in....

RIG 2:
    Guitar: Epiphone Ebony Dreadnought "Cinder"
    Amplifier: Big Hole in Center of Guitar
    Effects: Various Picks & Gnarled Fingers

:

Post Thanks / Like

I am new to this site and it is my first thread, so be kind to me.
    Thanks spudman, I am a 61 year old learning guitar and I will bear the things you said in mind.
    I will try the finger excercises, to help strengthen up my digits.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome gitch, you should introduce yourself properly in the Fret Players forum. Good to have you here!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12