Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
What is your favorite Overdrive pedal?

Thread: What is your favorite Overdrive pedal?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suhnton
    ....I haven't actually used it in about 6 months, I wonder if it still works
    Hmmm, I would think that would be an automatic disqualification from "favorite OD pedal" status!

Just a comment on the much ballyhooed Landgraff mod: This overhyped mod, based on an incredibly overpriced "boo-teek" pedal, is quite simple and really does just two things--adds switchable asymmetric silicon/LED clipping and punches the available maximum gain up by a factor of about 8.5. The rest of the component changes basically just compensate for the gain boost circuit changes, so that you don't lose all your bass and the low-gain end of the drive control. Seriously, you could take an off-the-shelf TS-9 and about $7 worth of parts and do this mod yourself, if you know what to change. How anybody can sell such a modestly modified TS clone for $400--handmade or not--is just astonishing to me. No argument from me that the pedal sounds good and is of excellent build quality; I just find the pricing ridiculous. But if people are willing to pay that, I guess you can't blame them for pricing it that high. :

I have two favorite overdrives: the aforementioned ZYS (though the new BYOC Overdrive 2 gives you exactly the same circuit & tone, minus a couple of the switchable options I include on the ZYS), and the Boss Blues Driver BD2 with the Allums "H2O Plus" mod. The former is the best & most flexible TS-type OD I've heard, and the latter is the best "transparent" OD I've played through. I've never played through a Fulltone OCD, but have heard uniformly positive things about them.
    Last edited by duhvoodooman; April 14th, 2009 at 09:52 AM.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!