Thread: First time in 20 years... going jamming!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you David! Watch out for those groupies.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Well that was just a whole lot of fun. A good bunch of easy going guys that just want to play some music and have a good time doing it. They played quite a few songs that I wasn't familiar with, but the guitarist would quickly walk me through some of the chord changes and I'd wing it through the song. I think I did ok, but I have lots of room for improvement. Their singer is on a bit of a hiatus, and some girls are filling in for the time being. One of them let loose and really impressed me with her vocals on the Cults 'She Sells Sanctuary'... awesome!

These folks made me feel welcome from the get go, and I have to say I didn't feel out of place even when I was making my snafu's

Looking forward to playing again with them next week... I hope this keeps up because it was a great feeling!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus