Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rack setups?

Post Thanks / Like

Dee,

You are player who knows what he wants and knows how to get it..................not many can say that with confidence.

I'm not a "candy land" user of the Axe FX. I have nine patches that are set solid for gigs, and I stay pat with them. The Marshall and Vox models I have loaded sound excellent consistently - gig after gig.

If new tunes come up needing new sounds, I know I can make it happen with the Axe FX.....................but tinkering with it just to tinker is not something I do.
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Well

It's great if one can resist tinkering...it's really hard for me, if a possibility exists :-) certainly if different sounds are required, like in cover bands etc. that'd be a great machine I bet.
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the advantages of the Axe FX is that it is so flexible. It is a tweaker's wet dream.

However, as you've pointed out, P_S, you have it in "set and forget mode." It is also great in this regard. Just because it is flexible and you absolute power of adjustment over the parameters, doesn't mean you have to.

tung

Quote Originally Posted by Plank_Spanker
    Dee,

You are player who knows what he wants and knows how to get it..................not many can say that with confidence.

I'm not a "candy land" user of the Axe FX. I have nine patches that are set solid for gigs, and I stay pat with them. The Marshall and Vox models I have loaded sound excellent consistently - gig after gig.

If new tunes come up needing new sounds, I know I can make it happen with the Axe FX.....................but tinkering with it just to tinker is not something I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    One of the advantages of the Axe FX is that it is so flexible. It is a tweaker's wet dream.

However, as you've pointed out, P_S, you have it in "set and forget mode." It is also great in this regard. Just because it is flexible and you absolute power of adjustment over the parameters, doesn't mean you have to.

tung

It's great to have that power at my disposal with the Axe FX. If I need a new sound, I know I can get it. I'm not afraid to dig right into it looking for a new sound, but once I have it to my likings, I load a preset with it and move on.

It is fun to hook it up to my PC with the MIDI interface and play with the editor, though........................
    Guitars: 2008 Gibson SG Classic, 2006 Gibson Les Paul Standard LE, 2002 Gibson SG Supreme, 2001 Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus, 1996 Les Paul Studio Gem, American Deluxe Double Fat Strat, Bluesville "Super" Strat Copy, MIK Fender "Limited Edition" Tele, JD Bluesville "Night Pilot", Yamaha AES 820, Steinberger Spirit GT Pro, Taylor 355CE, Ovation 1897 Adamas, Ovation CC057 Celebrity

Amps: Axe FX centered rack rig, Mesa 4x12 cab. Germino Club 40, Johnson JM150 Millennium, Johnson JM250 Millennium, Gibson Titan Medalist Frankenstein.

Effects: Tonebone Trimode, EH Holy Grail, Boss CH-1, Dunlop Crybaby Classic, Framptone Amp Switcher, THD Hot Plate, Yamaha AG Stomp Acoustic Processor, Boss BCB-60 Pedal Board.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I bet...if they were available here, I'd be very tempted...I need a good d/i machine---the tech21 is good but...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12