Yup, the line-out recording method (been there, done that) with the AD30VT definitely leaves a lot to be desired, but the clips show off the differences between the p'up configurations quite well, I think. That's quite a broad range of tones you end up with, for a modest investment in 4-conductor p'ups, plus a couple of switches & some soldering work. Nice job!

As long as you have access to a PC with a decent sound card in it, all you really need to do is pick up a modestly priced mic to record with. I got a Behringer XM8500 from Musiciansfriend.com for $20, and it does a great job for an amateur like me. I use the freeware Audacity program for capture and editing. The results sound tons better than the line-out method did!

BTW, I never responded to your question re: how I liked my Epi Dot. Answer: LOVE IT!!! This guitar just seems to "fit" me like a glove. I find myself playing it more than either my LP or my Strat lately. Part of that is because (1) it's "newer" to me, and (2) the pickup mods I've done make it a lot of fun to fool around with. But it's also because it feels so comfortable and natural for me to play. I know that's a very subjective thing, but feel is such an important part of playing guitar, and the Dot just feels great to me. Like wearing a comfortable old flannel shirt....