Thread: Tube Amp Recommendations

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it seems to beed eexcessive drastic dailing. I'd like to get it out of my apartment where I could put the gain past 1 on 15watt mode....

Post Thanks / Like

i love the beating dead horse icon and I feel it is appropriate.. but i have one more comment here... I returned the Epi BC30. I really liked it, but reality of hauling it up and down three narrow flights of stairs for every practice was .. spinally brutalizing. I opted for the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe as a replacement, and I'll succinctly say I am quite pleased, and more portable. Just something to consider if anyone else is headed to the store. I think the BC30 would be great if i never had to move it! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redgibson

i love the beating dead horse icon and I feel it is appropriate.. but i have one more comment here... I returned the Epi BC30. I really liked it, but reality of hauling it up and down three narrow flights of stairs for every practice was .. spinally brutalizing. I opted for the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe as a replacement, and I'll succinctly say I am quite pleased, and more portable. Just something to consider if anyone else is headed to the store. I think the BC30 would be great if i never had to move it! :-)
    I love the HRDx, but since I just went from a Pro Jr to a Hot Rod, I'm always complaining about how heavy it is! It's all relative.
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Amp

Congrats.

The Hot Rod Deluxe is a real good amp in my opinion. I have a special edition one that rocks. Seems more like a real amp. I really like Fender amps and guitars.

I have an awesome Fender Super Champ XD. Really a nice little amp that is loud with the speaker mod and has several Fender amp emulations and decent effects built in.

You will like that HRDx.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redgibson

Ah, the advantages of living in a one floor house...

I have a universal dolly that zips the amp right out to the garage where it's an easy load into the truck. But, I know how you feel...the BC 30 is 1/2 ton of tube amp weight. Kinda gives me some comfort though, knowing that there's that much iron in the thing.
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.