Thread: How much you paying for phone service?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Do you get unlimited calling and long distance with that plan? If so that would be a very good deal where I live. It's $100 per month for the base package to do any texting or data.
    Spud, we're talking about Canada here
    unlimited ? yes, for a price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Damn guys that is expensive.

I have a smartphone unlimited data use that's 24;- per month for the phone and data 2 year contract. htc hd2, much like iPhone but nicer. wife too, she has some Nokia communicator. its a little cheaper. voice phone calzz are about 6 cents a minute.

then I have unlimited data 4.3byte 3g link for my laptops internal sim system that's 9.90 per month.
    l
    wife has alaptop for 23 or so a month.

then there is the home net line which is 24mbytes and its 38 a month but it includes a wlan box,a network phone which is like a normal wifeless phone but doesnt cost a penny to call lanxlinez anywhere in finland and also a full HDdigital tv tuneR/recorder that cn store 2500 hours of tv recordings and can be remote controlledvia cell phone or bdlwser anywhere...and it also includes a video rental sowe can rent bluray movies direct to home screen 3.40 a film.

so i paylike 50-70 a month but i do get a lot too for it, allthe tvand video services cluding recording/tivo and timeshift and two unlimited mobile data lines and fixed web line and the web phone and even top notch smartphone and laptop every 2 years....and then the system also links to my pcs so can watch movies via them as well, or access music folders etc...I'm pretty happy with the setup. no more renting or buying physical dvds or cds...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa
    Damn guys that is expensive.

I have a smartphone unlimited data use that's 24;- per month for the phone and data 2 year contract. htc hd2, much like iPhone but nicer. wife too, she has some Nokia communicator. its a little cheaper. voice phone calzz are about 6 cents a minute.

then I have unlimited data 4.3byte 3g link for my laptops internal sim system that's 9.90 per month.
    l
    wife has alaptop for 23 or so a month.

then there is the home net line which is 24mbytes and its 38 a month but it includes a wlan box,a network phone which is like a normal wifeless phone but doesnt cost a penny to call lanxlinez anywhere in finland and also a full HDdigital tv tuneR/recorder that cn store 2500 hours of tv recordings and can be remote controlledvia cell phone or bdlwser anywhere...and it also includes a video rental sowe can rent bluray movies direct to home screen 3.40 a film.

so i paylike 50-70 a month but i do get a lot too for it, allthe tvand video services cluding recording/tivo and timeshift and two unlimited mobile data lines and fixed web line and the web phone and even top notch smartphone and laptop every 2 years....and then the system also links to my pcs so can watch movies via them as well, or access music folders etc...I'm pretty happy with the setup. no more renting or buying physical dvds or cds...
    Yes, but you live in Finland, and my guess is they have not left the telecom infrastructure up to corporations?
    Guitars: Jimmie Vaughan Strat, 2001 Affinity Squier Strat with 70's Japanese pickups, Affinity Squier Tele
    Amps: Fender Pro Junior w/ Ragin' Cajun speaker, Peavey Delta Blues 115
    Pedals: Ibanez TS9DX w/ Humphrey mod, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Dano PB&J Delay, Arion Tubulator w/Indyguitarist mod, Boss CS-3, Dano Fish and Chips EQ, Boss CH-1, Dano TunaMelt Tremolo, Boss RV-3, Boss DS-1
    Strings: Darco 10's

Post Thanks / Like

I get landline phone, internet-High Speed, and 80 channels tv cable for $117 a month. My cell is $69 a month 800 minutes anywhere , free nights and weekends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by birv2
    Yes, but you live in Finland, and my guess is they have not left the telecom infrastructure up to corporations?
    I understand the networks are built and maintained by companies, not the government...I'm not that sure, but there is always talk about how the government requires the companies to ensure also the remote locations have proper access to basic communication lines. I understand that the companies are obligated to offer a minimum of 300kb data access and telephone access anywhere in Finland up to the farthest polar regions. There's been talk it should be a minimum of a megabyte-line anywhere.

There's been a lot of debate now they've pretty much scrapped all landlines already because the network companies think they are too expensive to maintain, that old country people don't know how to use a cell phone, so they install these GSM boxes there, where you can hook your old landline phone and it works just like a landline but is really GSM.

However, I do understand cable tunnels and lots of things like that in infrastructure is also built/cooperated with cities or townships/government.

I also understand that when I was a kid, the post office, railroads and telecommunications and lots of the factories/wood industry was owned and driven by the government, but these days they are all sold to private owners and run as business companies...dunno if the government really owns anything here any more.

But I do know the law mandates some services that those companies must maintain to keep their licence to operate; such as remote areas data and commuting services etc. even when they don't sustain themselves financially.

Hell, there was just news of this remote airport that they are actually getting the government offer free seats to capital flights for the area's residents, as otherwise it is just too expensive to maintain the airfield and routes. So the government dips in to make the route just maintainable for the company, and the residents get free rides whenever there is room on the plane...
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.