I have a S6 Seagull too. Love it. It is a twentieth or some year anniversary model and it has a solid spruce top and is awesome and beautiful.

I always thought the action was a little too high but the techs told me that it is set just right and that acoustics should have a higher action than electrics in order to sound right, not get string slap, etc.

I would still like it lower, string slap or whatever. I might like some string slap, especially if I get it when I really dig in. Sometimes some of that string buzz and slap is a good thing, in slight amounts. It adds to the sound. Listen to Neil Young. He gets all kinds of vibes out of his acoustics. Then of course we are talking about one of the best players in the world, in possession of playing methods and skills and abilities that are extremely developed and expert and even in some cases unconventional. These awesome masters are capable of getting sounds that are completely unachievable to the vast majority of players. But we can still enjoy our playing and get our soul into our playing and even sound really good, relatively speaking. I know I'm becoming more of a master all the time. You play every day and work on your vibes and you get a lot better. You study theory ideas and practical methods and work some of the ideas into your style and you get better.

I hope you get that S6 rollin' real well. I know how much I like mine.

I also have a very inexpensive Samick Jumbo that is an awesome player. Jumbo acoustics are really cool and definitely different animals from regular acoustics. Glad I got such a beautiful one for such a great price, like 175 or so, new. Laminated, but laminated is not always a bad thing. Very durable and mine sounds really awesome and is really fun to play.