Quote Originally Posted by Tig
My George L's are just the .155 size. Maybe the thicker one's don't get as coiled up and stiff? I still use a George L for extension speakers.

The Monster cables I'm using aren't the jazz, but the Performer 500 and Rock cables. Maybe I'll A/B them with my many other cables.

Funny that you mention the Monster's breaking... My audio/videophile brother had similar bad experiences with Monster cables breaking. I'm fairly gentle with my gear, but who knows what will happen?
On mine it was the 1/4" tip that would break off of the plug end, right down at the base. I'm pretty easy on gear too, I was shocked when it happened the first time and amazed when it happened to a 2nd one.
I originally had the Monster Rocks. The guy at Monster was kind enough to exchange them for the Jazz. I had explained how the shop he recommended had suggested a George since they were out of Monster and the differences I heard. He thought the Jazz would sound better. Not ~

I'm not sure if a cable would mean a hill of beans to a guy playing through a pile of pedals, but if your rig consists of a guitar, a tuner pedal and an amp, it's likely you will notice a difference