I like the black strat blacktop (BT). I played the Jaguar the other day. Definitely nice guitar, especially for the price.

They had a Jazzmaster that really caught my eye, a black one: bridge humbucker, neck P90. This looks WAY better in person than in the pictures.

I wanted to play that bad looking boy; however, the switch or neck pickup is bad and I didn't bother to play it since the P90 was out of play. Today when my new Epi Faded SG picked me out as its owner, it was still not on the floor. I will go back soon and see if it is fixed because I definitely want to play that bad looking puppy. I like the small headstock better than the Jaguar. I was not particularly taken by the Jaguar.

The light blue strat definitely gets my attention, without a doubt. This is a very laid back looking guitar, very demure - possibly a sleeper capable of some hot rockin'. The teles look good too, especially the black and grey, to me.

They are selling them fast. The strats and teles are gone, only the Jag is left in workable condition, then the Jazzmaster, which will probably disappear forthrightly if it gets fixed anytime soon.

We have an active jazz and blues community around this here rural area that is organized and promoted by the "Billtown Blues Society", a local group. Jazz dudes show up in the stores every so often and generally look like they have money and I see them buying multiple items, big ticket items like PA systems and speakers and old school looking Ampeg amps, things like that.

I have one of the old Squier's in trans red with the two point tremolo and chrome covered Duncan Designed dual humbuckers. This is a very neat guitar and one I prize highly - quite similar in design to the Fender blacktop strat in many ways. Charity plays the Squier a lot. It has great tone.

Why don't you buy one "Sun" to keep company with your other strat. Definitely won't lose any value I don't suppose. Which is irrevelant because you probably would never sell it anyway. Can you imagine how that would sound on a high gain rig with some tremolo thrown in? Just the idea sounds good . . . Guitars are like dogs - they need company of their own kind in order to keep things in perspective.

I got permission from Charity today though before I bought home the guitar, but the original plan was to be reigning in a new old stock Vox AD60VTX for 200 dollars - brand new. I rolled with it and went with the SG that reached deep down into my soul. She thinks the SG looks great in the dull cherry finish. It is a good looking, feeling, and playing guitar.