Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Nad

Thread: Nad

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Nad

Well, it finally has happened.

I got myself a toob amph.

I was fairly set on getting a Tweaker and I still think that's about the sweetest sounding amph ever.

But, I found a great deal on the local CL that I couldn't pass up since it was much cheaper than a Tweaker.

It's a Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 20th. 20-watt class A EL84 combo.
    The clean channel was quite messed up when I got it with a nasty buzz and rattle. A call to Eurotubes (excellent service!) and a full new set of JJ tubes along with some biasing brought it around and it sounds quite nice now. Not quite as much gain with the new tubes, but much better definition which is my preference.

I only really play guitar in the bedroom and practically never with a full band and thought 20-watts would be quiet enough. It does sound good at lower volumes which is what I was looking for, but I brought it to my guitarist's house during a rehearsal and cranked it to about 3 before I thought the house was going to come down. This sucker can get very loud indeed!

It definitely has the "thickness" and full bottom that I was looking for and I'm very thrilled with it so far.
    Last edited by NWBasser; October 2nd, 2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: smilies