Thread: Pedal board PSU leads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I've emailed the fantastically named http://www.johnnyshredfreak.com/stor...products_id=12
    I'm hoping he'll know what I want .

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to have hit another stumbling block , the psu I've got provides -ve tipped 9V , this works fine on a TS10 and my Epi delay [which also have the boss type connectors].The DOD pedals on the other hand seem to require a +ve tip 9V supply . Now I can get a link lead that will convert tip polarity but can't run both types of pedal off a common psu so I'd need 2 of them to run the 2 pedal types . Like Deaa mentioned earlier can i open up the DOD pedals and just switch the wiring around from the power in jack . It's been a while since I've had to think about electronics but all these pedals run off a 9V battery so if I say just swap the black and red wires will that switch the polarity to what I require .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Jones
    I seem to have hit another stumbling block , the psu I've got provides -ve tipped 9V , this works fine on a TS10 and my Epi delay [which also have the boss type connectors].The DOD pedals on the other hand seem to require a +ve tip 9V supply . Now I can get a link lead that will convert tip polarity but can't run both types of pedal off a common psu so I'd need 2 of them to run the 2 pedal types . Like Deaa mentioned earlier can i open up the DOD pedals and just switch the wiring around from the power in jack . It's been a while since I've had to think about electronics but all these pedals run off a 9V battery so if I say just swap the black and red wires will that switch the polarity to what I require .
    Hi, before you tear into the DOD pedal, are these part of the old (80s/90s USA made) FX series. Compressor - FX80(B), etc. If they are, you can get adaptors for them. The adaptors that are sold for the OneSpot system work very well, I should know, I bought some for mine - FX50, 55, 65, 80 and I have had no problems, even though the docs say "10vdc" a 9vdc adaptor (such as OneSpot) works great.
    "...and I am outta here!"
    Scott

Guitars:
    Dean EVO Exotic Burl, EVO Special, Vendetta 1000 FR, Stagg Les Paul copy, Squier Standard Telecaster, Squier MIK Stratocaster
    Amps:
    Fender Princeton 65 (solid state), Vox AD15VT, Peavey Windsor Studio, Crate Vintage Club 50 2x12
    Pedals:
    DOD FX40B (x2), FX50, FX52, FX55, FX65, FX67, FX80
    Washburn LSESLD, LSBOD
    BBE Free Fuzz
    Behringer EM300, VP1, PH9
    Dunlop GCB-95
    ProCo Rat II "The Rat"
    DigiTech Bad Monkey, RP90
    Rockman Soloist
    and many, many, many more!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanEVO_Dude
    Hi, before you tear into the DOD pedal, are these part of the old (80s/90s USA made) FX series. Compressor - FX80(B), etc. If they are, you can get adaptors for them. The adaptors that are sold for the OneSpot system work very well, I should know, I bought some for mine - FX50, 55, 65, 80 and I have had no problems, even though the docs say "10vdc" a 9vdc adaptor (such as OneSpot) works great.
    Cheers for the replies guys , Dean what sort of adaptor have you got , the psu I`ve got is similar to the 1spot and would be perfect for Boss style input jacks not the mini headset style my DOD stuff needs.As I mentioned reversing the polarity may just put the line voltage straight to chassis/earth . I knew in the long run it would have been cheaper to get an ME70. I can see me putting an order in with DVM soon !