You know, spud - that's how it used to be back in the day...exactly like you described. Be happy; you've found the equilibrium. Believe me, many a times I have seriously thought of moving back to where I was when I was in a band like you describe, in an effort to get back to something like that.

But also...no matter how much I'm *****ing about the situation...two things to consider. First, I still choose to do it, so I choose to bear with it. I MUST enjoy it at some level. Second, it's probably not quite as bad as I make it out to be. I'm just using this forum as an outlet where I know I can vent and have sympathetic ears that understand my feelings...I feel much better about the whole thing just being able to vent my worries and such to whom I've for a good while now considered good friends. And, I can be quite a nuisance to my friends..I say things too directly and even piss people off sometimes, but that's only because I know they can take it...I hope :-)

Also, I know what you're saying...I should not need to worry about them other's tunings and whatnot.

BUT the reason for that is...well I have lots of gigs behind me and many a band...and my band members have but a couple of small outings under their belt. So I kinda feel the responsibility to 'grandfather' them in and guide them. You know, they don't really know all the things a gig entails. We have no PA and they can just book a gig and not even have the sense to worry about things like PA; it just never crosses their mind, because they have no experience really.

So, I guess, despite all the *****ing, I AM kinda also enjoying the situation...while I'm just about to puke now and then out of worry ;-)