Thread: Help Needed With Fender Vintage Noiseless Pickup Installation

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

http://mrgearhead.net

Download the schematic for american deluxe!! The cap and resistor go on the v-pot................... Download the parts list also, it will show the cap and resistor values and how they go!!........Muddy

Click on link then click on fender, then stringed instrument service diagrams, the second entry for american deluxe. You will see the pups marked as noiseless so ya know your looking at the right schematic!!!

Also the claptons have these pups but the diagram might confuse ya since it has a boost wired in.If ya still cant figure it out hollar!!!

Peace brother!
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much! We managed to work it out by that website and have installed the pickups! Who ever messed with the guitar before didn't know what they were doing. Dry solder everywhere and burnt wires, anyway, Dad has replaced them all now. Going to have a little sound check now,

Thanks again!

Robson

Post Thanks / Like

Hi mrmudcat. I am about to install the Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups in a guitar I built from scratch and want to confirm which wiring diagram on the fender website is correct. Is it the Part # 010-1400/02 (which was revised in 2004) or Part # 010-1000/02 (which was revised in 2000). I think you referenced the 2000 revision being the correct one, so, please confirm. Also, if using the 2000 revision, is it OK to go with 250 pots for the volume and tone controls instead of the 500 and 1 meg pots that are shown in the diagram and which come with the pickup kit? Thanks a lot for sharing the info and your help.