Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
Two of R of J's teams cost me a chance to be in my fantasy league's title game due to Shonn Greene returning to normal and Mike Williams getting exactly zero points.
Don't blame Greene, he runs behind one of the worst run-blocking lines I have ever seen. The few plays where the were holes, Greene hit them every time. Of course every time that happened, Schottenheimer would sub in LT because he thinks this is still 2005 and LT would get nothing and the Jets would punt. I hope that Brian Schottenheimer's terrible play-calling yesterday didn't ruin his chances of getting a head coaching job someplace else because I don't want to be stuck with him again.

I wasn't the least bit surprised to see the Jets lose. When only three or four guys actually show up to play the game, that's what happens. It's getting a little old seeing Mangold, Ferguson, Greene, Revis and Harris being the only ones to play consistent football for four quarters.

Of course, in fairness to guys like Matt Slauson and Wayne Hunter and Antonion Cromartie, they brought their full efforts for four quarters, they're just so incompetent as to not belong on an NFL football field. The Jets could have done better yesterday not lining up a right tackle at all than having Hunter out there. Sanchez makes poor enough decisions when he has all day to throw the ball. When he's up close and personal with Jason Babin on every other play he's going to play like he did yesterday.

Now that people realize the Packers are mortal I am beginning to feel even stronger about my pre-season pick of New Orleans to win it all this year. That team gets more and more dangerous each week. This is not to say the Packers are not still extremely good, but they took two hits to their offensive line yesterday that could make things interesting.

I can also say, for the first time in my life, that I was glad the Patriots won yesterday so presumably the hype-machine will finally stop with the Tebow garbage already.

I don't even want to talk about the Bucs, though I will.

There's no excuse for that kind of colossal underachievement. I like Raheem Morris but if I were GM, he'd have a lot of questions to answer this off-season before I was sure how much longer I'd be keeping him as my Head Coach.

The saddest part was seeing Ronder Barber get beaten so badly play after play. I have a ton of respect for Ronde, he's among my favorite Bucs ever, but he should have retired a couple of years ago. He's tarnishing his own credibility and more importantly the Bucs chances to make stops. It reminds me of two seasons ago when Derrick Brooks came back for one last season he shouldn't have. It was sad to see a sure future Hall of Famer getting run-over by younger stronger guys.

Let's just say that other than a handful of positions, the Bucs could draft just about anyone this coming spring and fill a need position. I still believe in Freeman. I still believe in Blount. Other than those two spots or the D-Line, the Bucs needs help everywhere.