Quote Originally Posted by wayne View Post
Thanks for the great info. I am still trying to fathom the wattage on the speakers. I have got the impedance down pat, there is enough info. out on that aspect.

So, is it a good or best scenario to use two 10 inch 30 to 50 watt, very efficient speakers?

If so what are some recomendations on some speakers/manufacturers? I will start by looking at the speakers that cebreez recommended.
A few things to keep in mind:

Behringer bills the amp as a modeller, so it stands to reason that the stock speaker is fairly flat in its response, unlike normal guitar speakers. If there is cabinet modelling going on, you might want to stay with a fairly neutral speaker. If you use a traditional guitar speaker, which will color the sound, you may or may not like the results.

My rule of thumb for any speaker is to have twice the rated power of the amp for the speaker. So I would get a 60 watt speaker at the very least, but having a higher rated speaker won't harm the amp in any way. Most guitar speakers are very efficient; it only takes 1 watt power to drive them. When you use multiple speakers, the efficiency increases slightly.

Edit: I see in the original post that Behringer recommends 4 ohms minimum. It is generally safer to use higher impedance loads, but you will get less power out. You don't want to go below, say using two 4 ohm speakers in parallel for a 2 ohm load.

I also would recommend against cranking the amp all the way up. Solid state amps generally generate distortion in the preamp and amplify it with a clean power amp. If you crank the amp and push the output transistors into clipping, they will square wave and possibly damage your speakers.

As for speakers, you might look into building a Thiele cabinet for the EVM-12L. The Eminence Delta Pro 12A is supposed to be a budget replacement for the EVM-12L. You also might want to look at Eminence or Jensen speakers with neodymium magnets. They tend to be kind of neutral but have the advantage of being lightweight.

HTH.