Thread: Hey old schoolers!

Hybrid View

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childbride View Post
    Robert, I medaled in my first 5k in my division. We're nearly NAUI certified and have a trip to Grand Turk booked for next feb. Guitar playing together is wonderful and life is good.
    NAUI = National Association of Underwater Instructors?

Congrats on your 5k! I just ran nationals 10k in Toronto last week, and I was 3rd in my age category. I love running. I find it to be a good combo with playing guitar! Well done, CB.

I have been developing another hobby (read: obsession)... photography! I have to be careful so that I don't run out of hours of the day to do all this stuff...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    NAUI = National Association of Underwater Instructors?
    yes sir, that would be accurate.

if everything works according to plan, we do our check out dives next weekend. [fingers crossed]

and to be honest, i wasn't running... what i do is kinda a combo of speed walking and jogging? running turns my daily issues with sciatica into 'i can't feel my right foot'. which i interpret to be a bad thing... [sigh] but it's more about me doing the things i want to check off my list safely during my life for me than time. i want to accomplish a half marathon, but i need more training first before i do that.

i hear you about finding the time/obsessions. we just need another 12 hours a day and it'd be a cakewalk.

Kat: thank you!
    2006 Washburn WD55SW Augusta, 2006 Washburn J28S12DL, Washburn EA20SDL,
    2008 American Standard Fender Telecaster
    2008 Rondo Limited Edition SST, G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow, Gibson LP Ultra