Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What?? Is this a common post-cancer thing or a Krashpad-induced change?
A bit of both. At one point post-treatment I had some blood work done and some function or another was off and the doc asked "Have you been drinking?" (he hadn't told me not to) and I said yes. His response was "Don't do that." For awhile I of course took that to mean "don't do that right before blood work," but I'd been considering quitting for a long time anyhow. I knew I could live without it since I didn't drink for several months straight during treatment.

As of a couple days ago it's been a couple months. I just drink N/A "brew" (they can't call it beer) instead. Drinking alcohol is a risk factor for throat cancer, although usually only when "heavy" or in combination with smoking, but no sense pushing it. I mean, it's nothing for me to go through a 6-pack in an evening (or was), and I'm pretty sure the wusses over to the AMA consider that "heavy drinking."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Have fun anyway! Hopefully you can get a few pictures.
Will do, on both counts. My son Jack will help as roadie and take shots during the set. He took the ones of our "15th Anniversary" show a few months ago (his first time taking photos of a band) and did a good job; one of his shots was subsequently printed in the Gainesville Sun (in an article about our "Labor Daze" gig)! It will be fun to go camping with him, haven't done that since he stopped Scouting, in favor of high school wrestling (and this Spring, lacrosse). Plus he enjoys seeing all the drunks and weirded-out people, haha.

Speaking of photos, By weird coincidence I found a pic on the Boo site, of Pedagogy playing last year; I didn't get any shots of our actual set and had never seen this'un:

I am totally jazzed about this show. Next week should be crazy. I play a club with Pedagogy TH night, then I and the boy are going out to Boo on Friday afternoon.

Here's my side band the Hotheads playing in 2005:

Here's Jack, El Krashpadito, wearing my old leather, 2007 (now he's as big as me!):

Here's us:

Hotheads again (different lineup) in '07:

Man, I can hardly wait!