Thread: Epiphone ES339

Hybrid View

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think mine is awesome. It's okay, and I enjoy playing it. It doesn't have the deep tone as my Hagstrom Viking or a Gibson 339, but it's fun to play. I'm changing the pickups in mine to see what happens.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I don't think mine is awesome. It's okay, and I enjoy playing it. It doesn't have the deep tone as my Hagstrom Viking or a Gibson 339, but it's fun to play. I'm changing the pickups in mine to see what happens.
    Yeah I think it's obvoius that some tweaks will have to be done. Pick Up wise I will chose another pair of handwounded Haeussel pick ups. The nut will be exchanged against a bone nut, but that's about it. It's a session and play the Blues at home guitar for me. The consideration to go for a cheaper Blues guitar is that I will sell/exchange my R7 Goldtop (no music related topic) and I feel I need something Gibson-like, because sometimes I'm just not in Strat mood ;-)

AND, this is my 40th birthday present (yes, I'm opening a new decade chapter today), so it's pretty cool anyways I think.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)