Yeah, I guess you did allude to it in your original post.

They really are like two different instruments, aren't they? I've never really articulated the differences to myself the way you did, aside from the obvious action differences, but that's a good point about the muting. Right-hand action is much different on an acoustic too. I think the action and the rhythm aspects are the things that really get me when switching back to acoustic. Oddly enough though, I think the idea that you really need to use your fingers to get a nice ringing tone is something that playing acoustic can drive home as well. Not the first thing I would think of, but something that I usually rediscover when playing acoustic.

Anyway, I'm glad it went relatively well for you. It's hard (for me, anyway) to do anything new in front of an audience. I feel like any new technique I learn will be learned twice: once on my own and once in a live situation. All of that is to say that I'm impressed that you did a good job with it, considering that you didn't have much/any experience on guitar in a public setting.