Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
wait.... go back to the part about two Kurt Cobain Jag's in one store!!!

I've been looking for one for a little while in stores here in Oz. I really wanted one, but they seem to be quite rare and the price is astronomical here.

I'd maybe splurge the $2400 if it was a real American made Fender Custom Shop model, but it ain't (which keeps the vibe of the original I guess, but Kurt didn't pay $2400 for his in that pawn shop either...)

Anyway, yes, pickups. Have you tried the SD '59 as a neck pickup? I love the sound of it in my Maton. For bridge pickups I'm currently loving the Bare Knuckle Nail Bomb in my ZeroDot. I think I might even like it more than the SD JB I have in the Maton. It is super hot though. The JB and '59 are a good match pair in terms of output, you'd want a pretty super hot neck to pair with a BK NB.
They, Cobain Jaguars, are about 1400 here. One of those two is sold to the dude that helped me out. The guitar feels better than it looks, quite heavy really, and has a solid feel with a nice control layout. Three metal control knobs and the switch to by-pass them and use the rotary dials on the mellower tone circuit. The neck feels good and it sounds great thru that SuperSonic 60 amp with no pedals.

I have not thought much about what I will put in the neck to compliment the Super Distortion. A SD '59 would definitely be nothing to scoff at, or even a Pearly Gates. Maybe even a Gibson 496R like the neck one in the Explorers or Flying V's. DiMarzio probably has their own recommendations. That reminds me; when I called Seymour Duncan and talked to the tech about suggestions for middle and neck pickups to go along with the JB Jr., he was open minded enough to suggest a couple DiMarzio's as the choice that a lot of guys make. I went with the Little 59 and the Hot Rail single coil sized humbuckers and it is a great sounding guitar with a lot of different sounds.