I spent some time fine tuning (and by "tuning", I mean "sanding") the neck angle this morning. I think I have it spot on now, which means the next step is gluing it back in place. A step I'll admit is just as scary as the sanding itself.

I'm pretty happy with my work so far too. The chipped nitro makes it looks worse than it is, but that's a pretty tight joint again now. Depending on how it looks after I glue it, I might try and melt the edge of the nitro with acetone so it doesn't look so recently butchered

I figured it would make sense to shape the bridge at this point too. No point fine tuning the neck angle if the bridge drops a few mm when it's shaped to the body. Adding to the things I've learned fixing up this guitar is the fact that Rosewood doesn't smell as nice as Mahogany, but it still smells nice when you sand it

So now I'm debating whether or not to glue the neck before I replace the tuners and nut, or after. I think "after" might win out, purely because without the nut and new tuners, I cant string it up completely and check I have the neck angle perfect.

So that's the update for now!