Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NGD - I could use your help on this..

Thread: NGD - I could use your help on this..

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestion for the neck? I'll have to buy it anyway, so I'm open to anything from mini to full size humbucker. Don't even know what tones I'm after, since I have some other lumber that pretty much fills my needs. This was just a "too good to be true $$" kind of deal.
    ----------------------

I'd put a Railhammer Hypervintage (HV) Neck HB in it...I have the Bridge version in my Rev Reeves Gabrels and it really rocks, nice chimey highs, good bass and screams with a little OD. The Railhammers are designed to stay real articulate between the 3 top and bottom strings and the Hypervintage still sounds like a vintage PAF, but with cojones! And you'd have the only tele I've heard of with them...my 2 cents anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: the pickguard, tort always looks good on classic sunburst. On my Squier CV Tele Custom, I went with white pearloid--see pic below. Couldn't warm up to the stock mint one.

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, all - you've got me thinking in different directions now. A good thing.

Turns out this is a real partscaster. The body is definitely Alder from the grain (to my eyes anyway), so you're right Steve - a CVC. The single-ply scratchplate is from Warmoth. The neck pup is an Epi LP pup (same difference as a Dot). Pretty sure the neck is an Allparts with a Tele waterslide. The nut is either ivory or graphtech, installed with gobs of ****ing SUPERGLUE.

Pie, I think I'll use this for punk/funk. A friend wants to solder a Pearly Gates in the neck for me (for $$, I'm sure). Would sound nice, but I dunno...that Railhammer HV sounds like a good plan, too. I might go for something with some bite tho. Still on the fence. BTW, the Bob Urban bridge pup is awesome. Really pronounced mids, good Tele twang. I don't know if he's still winding them tho. Haven't tried to contact him yet. And Voodooman, I'm liking the pearloid scratchplate. Who makes them 5-hole (or did you just drill in the extra screws)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    And Voodooman, I'm liking the pearloid scratchplate. Who makes them 5-hole (or did you just drill in the extra screws)?
    Warmoth will make you a 5-hole: http://www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/TelePickguard.aspx
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!