Geez, this thing sounds great! For a fairly low wattage amp (18W with 6V6's, ~25W with 6L6's), it has a beautiful sounding bottom end--great taut, thumpy bass even through a single 12" speaker. I've been playing it quite a bit through my 2x12 cab with a pair of Greenbacks, and it sounds just huge. Not surprisingly, the amp really excels at cleans--just great clarity and bell-like tones. I was a bit concerned that the highs might be a bit piercing, but that doesn't seem to be a problem at all. The bridge pickup on my AmStd Strat can be pretty ice-picky through a couple of my amps, but it sounds great through the Sweet Spot (so maybe I'll use it more!). The "middle/raw" control is very cool--acts like a simple mids control up to about 3, and then starts to add gain and dial out the effect of the tone stack. Basically, you're adding back in the signal that would normally be bled off through the tone stack.

I really haven't been able to crank the amp up enough to check out its overdriven tone in my small "cave", but I'll try running it through my MiniMASS attenuator and check that out before too long. In the meantime, I'll use pedals, which the amp seems to take very well. Unfortunately, David tells me that there are nine cabinets ahead of mine in his production queue, so it's going to be a few weeks before I get to mount it into the cab with the Weber 12F150T speaker I picked up on eBay for it. No big deal--will just continue to run it through one of my two speaker cabs in the meantime....