Thread: What do you use to check TheFret: desktop, smartphone, tablet, laptop...?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Wherever. All of the above. It's pretty dead around here these days, so I there's not much reason to check it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Wherever. All of the above. It's pretty dead around here these days, so I there's not much reason to check it now.
    I've noticed that too Eric. Way dead!!! What do you think reason??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrick View Post
    I found that it is very easy to veer off onto another environment these days, want it or not.

Just the other day (middle of night actually!), using Tapatalk, I ran into a med student forum where high cost of education, surgeons' ethics were discussed, the 14 pages of it....!
    Less golf, more saxophone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrick View Post
    Things are just very fluid on the internet and the 'scenes' vary quickly. Unless you have a huge user base established like on Reddit or The Gear Page or Talkbass or something, activity can take a major hit when a couple of key personalities leave or get tied up with other parts of life. I think the coziness of The Fret is causing a bit of a lull because it's just not the hangout it used to be for some people.

I know I personally stopped caring about buying gear as much and I feel much more oriented within the guitar and sound universe, so I don't end up asking as many questions. I'm more interested in playing bass and playing with people than I am in buying another pedal I won't use. Some people experiment that way, but I'm more of a simpleton and given that, there will be a definite ebb and flow to my forum usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner