Always been my favourite guitar. I have owned one since 1969. It is of course the P90 version. I hadn't played it for a while but decided to bring it out. I liked it so much I bought a Humbucker version a couple of years ago. It is by far my fav. I have Gibson Les Pauls and an ES335, and the SG is still my main go to guitar. Like Duffy I have the 490/498 pickup set and just love them. I like the extra punch of the bridge at 13.50. I have always been a fan of those pickups. My next fav would be the 57s.
I also have an Epi G400. I had a right handed one and a guy wanted to trade a lefty for a righty. I did the deal and the Lefty came with Gibson pickups. I will be giving that one to my Grandson when he gets a little bigger.
How do you like the playing position. I have always been a fan of the double cut. It makes playing the higher frets so much easier.
With the Kluson type tuners you will never get neck dive on an SG. The G400 comes with grovers and they are just too heavy.
I am amazed that more people don't buy SGs. They are amazing bang for the buck in the Gibson line.