Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
Looks great!

Question for you, JP: Does your Thinline have the original Seth Lover-designed wide-range humbuckers (WRHB) with the threaded rod CuNiFe magnetic pole pieces? I understand that the '72 Thinline reissues that started coming out of Mexico in the late '90s contain standard humbucker construction (an alnico bar magnet and steel pole pieces) that is just housed in the distinctive WRHB casing. I've heard that these pickups sound quite good, but lack the great combination of single coil clarity with the warmth and power of humbuckers that the originals possess. I was fortunate to obtain a 2002 Thinline '72 RI recently that had pickups that had been upgraded to the threaded magnet pole piece construction, and it sounds fabulous--combines the best tonal features of humbuckers and single coils. I can't put the damn thing down!
Yes it's the original pickups WRHB the guitar is from 1978 and I bought it from the original owner. I never had the opportunity to compare side by side teh mexican pups to mine. I also read that some of teh Japanese model have another version of the pickups which are apparently between the vintage WRHB and the mexican version