Welp. Oops! In a moment of weakness and consumerism the other night, I put an offer in on a Catalinbread No. 5 for $20 less than asking (and quite a bit less than new) and the guy took it. It got here tonight. It is unscratched and shows very little signs of wear, other than some velcro on the bottom. It sounds really F-ing awesome at the first try. It seems to work with the Concert way better than the Marshall Guv'nor, and is more of a classic sound than my Rat clone (which is going nowhere. I really like that pedal, but this one seems to do what I want better. I can run the amp at 3 or so and make it work similarly to that clean and dirty vid I linked above (except I can't do the cool comping that guy does. Will have to work on that). It works as advertised. And I really like the sound with the pedal set up about how Howard in the vid did, and the amp and guitar set up more or less the same way. I have only the strat at home tonight for single coils. will bring the tele with the P90 in the neck home tomorrow. I bet that is a good sound too.

I will get around to an attenuator. Kinda hoping to find one to try before buying. But for now, I like this impulse buy pedal.