Hello,

With all the talk of the new VJ cab I thought I would toss a pic up of my combo cab. I bought the head version of the Valve Junior because of the 4/8/and16 ohm speaker taps but really wanted the combo version. Once I had the head I got tired of moving it around separately with the speaker cab and decided to make my own combo cab. I also wanted to put a larger speaker in it and decided to go with a 12 inch. I don't know what it will sound like as it is always crap shoot mixing things up with no engineering but I think I will be content with it. I bought a Weber 12 inch California speaker which should be here this week for my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and will use the stock Eminence speaker from that for my VJ combo cab. It will be a start but I don't know what it will sound like, I didn't like the sound of the stock Eminence speaker in the Hot Rod
I just ordered some vintage Marshall dark green toilex and will some tan weaved grill cloth my dad had laying around since the 60's he used on his home stereo cabinets. It is nice grille cloth and should look great with the Marshall dark green. In the picture there is some greenish blue filler which is Bondo body filler to fill screw holes and what not. Bondo works great with wood, it drys fast, doesn't shrink and sticks real good as long as you make sure there is no sanding dust on the wood.

Here is a pic. The cab has been screwed and glued and is getting somewhat heavy, which I was trying to avoid but ya gotta build them tough and tight. I was going to use plywood but decided at the l last minute to use poplar board. I was kind of in a hurry (not a good thing to do) with this stuff but this is what I came up with, I have way too many projects going and I just want to get this back to where I can use it.

M29