Okay friends, Sunnvalleylaw inspired my to post this thread....

Honestly, are you more of a Strat player or a Les Paul player. Everybody knows that this is kind of a religious topic in the musical scene, Clapton or Page, Slash or Hendrix, we could go on and on.

Here's my stand:
I am a Strat guy! I also love my Les Paul, but I feel the most comfortable with my Strat. If had to chose on instrument for the rest of my life, the Strat would be the guitar I would pick and I do not have to think twice. The sound of the neck pu gives me still goosebumps, the versatility of the Strat is unbeatable (subjectively spoken). The body shape is so comfortable, and I think that when learning new stuff and licks I can better translate them to the Strat. I like the creamy HB sound of the Paula, but my Strat gives me a more tidy distortion so I can connect more with what I play what results in a more original and straightforward way of playing. It's easy....if I close my eyes and think of me playing guitar, I see myself with a Strat in 99 of 100 times. It's a friendly "open minded" guitar that easily get along with every kind of amp. Sparkle....sparkle.....

By the way, one thing that interests me much:

Do you play a)with the guitar volume on 10 always and rather change channels on your amp to get another sound, or do you b) play with the guitar volume at differnet positions and tap the full potential of what the Strat/Paul can deliver?

I am definitely an alternative "b" guy.