Just got a Generation EX in butterscotch blond. What a nice Tele!

They retail for $270 and blow the doors off most Mexican and Squier Teles that I've tried, and I've tried a lot. The neck pickup is amazing and you don't have to take the pick guard off to adjust the height. This is how a Tele neck pickup should sound. Peavey tells me the bridge pickup is 7.5 ohms and 7.2 for the neck. However, this bridge pickup is weaker than the neck by a long shot so it's getting a GFS 9.6 ohm 60's bridge pickup. They should work well together.

The neck feels great and had a tiny bit of sprout which I took off easily with a whet stone. The great thing is that it has that vintage tint and it feels awesome size wise, and it's around a 12 inch radius with a maple cap. I also polished the frets.

The hardware is sturdy feeling and the tuners look like the ones on the vintage Fenders. The body is 3 pieces of Alder and just as fat as a regular Tele. Nice sustain and tone throughout.

The nice thing about it was the I got it for more than $100 off retail so they are going cheaply right now. I'm not sure if the other Generation EXP's come with a maple fretboard, but the EX does, at least in the butterscotch finish.