Thread: V-Picks

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeaa View Post
    I found this great pick brand called 'Wedge' but they aren't available any more and I can't find 'em online either. Maybe there was a name dispute with Dunlop or something. Those were great, shaped with a depression for the thumb and had a coarse grip, although maybe a millimetre or two too far from the picking edge. But that's corrected in an hour which is what it takes for me to wear a pick quite well.
    Hey Dee, I believe those would be "Wedgies" and they're still around.
    http://www.wedgie.com/

Personally I think that there can be a considerable difference in tone depending on material, thickness and flexibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by syo View Post
    Personally I think that there can be a considerable difference in tone depending on material, thickness and flexibility.
    I agree. The Snake V-Pick is very sharp sounding (kind of ice-picky) whereas the Dunlop is smooth sounding. I definitely hear
    the difference from the guitar but perhaps it wouldn't be noticeable from the amp output (sort of like when you have less tension
    on the lower E-string in drop-d and you can hear the string bounce about on the guitar but not from the amp).
    Last edited by bcdon; December 28th, 2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by syo View Post
    Hey Dee, I believe those would be "Wedgies" and they're still around.
    http://www.wedgie.com/

Thanks! That was the pick, wedgie...I still have a bunch of the nylon .60's, those are pretty good!
    Dee

"When life's a biatch, be a horny dog"

Amps: Marshall JVM 410H w/ Plexi Cap mod, Choke Mod & Negative Feedback Removal mod, 4x12", Behringer GMX110, Amplitube 3/StealthPedal

Half a dozen custom built/bastardized guitars all with EMG's, mostly 85's, Ibanez Artwood acoustic & Yamaha SGR bass, Epiphone Prophecy SG, Vox Wah, Pitchblack tuner plus assorted pedals, rack gear etc. for home studio use.

Post Thanks / Like

I just received a pack of Wedgie 'Rubbers' in my mail. They're 5.0mm (mediums), tried them on acoustic and they're pretty nice. Takes a minute to get used to holding them differently, but pretty much no pick noise at all.

Sent from my rotary-dial wall phone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    LOL. That's how you connect to the internets too? I thought I was the only one!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    Thanks for that Zip... 100% awesome!
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus