Thread: Well, I'm back...lol

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies
    Man, do you know how many people have seen you play some stuff out of one of these things and then go out and buy one? There's no way to really know, but I bet the figure would be astounding.
    I had already pretty much decided to buy one & then saw Robert's videos & that was that: Done Deal.

By the way, I think that Vood & I are unusual in finding out about The Fret through the pachtronix (a Vox Valvetronix) forum rather than through Dolphinstreet.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    I had already pretty much decided to buy one & then saw Robert's videos & that was that: Done Deal.

By the way, I think that Vood & I are unusual in finding out about The Fret through the pachtronix (a Vox Valvetronix) forum rather than through Dolphinstreet.

Yes, you are unusual. . . . .

sorry, just woke up. Early morning humor.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Yes, you are unusual. . . . .

sorry, just woke up. Early morning humor.
    Ahhh, you're just being nice.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard

Actually, that's how I found TheFret, as well...through patchtronix. :

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, so if I happen to choose the Roland Cube30x over the Vox AD30VT... am I going to have to keep it a secret from you Gents?

I did go to the store last week to demo one (Vox), but the sound room was occupied and I couldn't hang out any longer. I will give both consideration though.

Question for ALL you Vox users... I think I saw a dial on the back of the amp to drop the wattage. Is this really useful for getting 'driven' sounds at low output levels?

Cheers!

David
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Algonquin
    Question for ALL you Vox users... I think I saw a dial on the back of the amp to drop the wattage. Is this really useful for getting 'driven' sounds at low output levels?David
    Absolutely...one of my favorite features.

If you were looking at one of these, and are also considering a Roland Cube, I'll bet 5 bucks you would like the Vox more...almost every online instance of the modeling amp debate, people recommend the Vox over all the others.

Get it...you will love it! So versatile, and sounds so good...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies
    Absolutely...one of my favorite features.

If you were looking at one of these, and are also considering a Roland Cube, I'll bet 5 bucks you would like the Vox more...almost every online instance of the modeling amp debate, people recommend the Vox over all the others.

Get it...you will love it! So versatile, and sounds so good...
    I've seen very knowledgable people in a forum prefer the Roland. People are looking for different things. The one thing that the Cubes have is a nice JC-120 model (duh-it's a Roland).
    I pick a moon dog.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I purchased my AD30VT about 6 months ago and did a lot of research and took in a lot of advise. Not knowing anything about amps, I was at the mercy of people I respected and the reviews I read. This thread just continues to confirm I made the right decision.

I imagine they are just like guitars and you may never be completely happy, but this amp takes care of my needs.

Algonquin, to answer your question - yes. I use it late at night when everyone is asleep and I retain the sound that I would have at 30 watts. Sure it isn't screaming at me, but it gives me true feedback of what I am trying to obtain. Make sense? Sorry, no technical garble from this beginner.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

The dial on the back allows you to choose what output level you wish to play at. The value can be from 1 watt up to the 30 watts as advertised. Actually, anything about 20-25 watts is too loud for the amplifier. Everything begins to shake and vibrate. Extra little bits of good information is to keep the amp off the floor for better sound and to try and keep the handle up away from the top of the box. This minimizes vibration also. A speaker change will do wonders for it's tone. I am sure daVooDoo will add his own findings on the AD30VT.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.