Thread: Well, I'm back...lol

Hybrid View

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I purchased my AD30VT about 6 months ago and did a lot of research and took in a lot of advise. Not knowing anything about amps, I was at the mercy of people I respected and the reviews I read. This thread just continues to confirm I made the right decision.

I imagine they are just like guitars and you may never be completely happy, but this amp takes care of my needs.

Algonquin, to answer your question - yes. I use it late at night when everyone is asleep and I retain the sound that I would have at 30 watts. Sure it isn't screaming at me, but it gives me true feedback of what I am trying to obtain. Make sense? Sorry, no technical garble from this beginner.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

The dial on the back allows you to choose what output level you wish to play at. The value can be from 1 watt up to the 30 watts as advertised. Actually, anything about 20-25 watts is too loud for the amplifier. Everything begins to shake and vibrate. Extra little bits of good information is to keep the amp off the floor for better sound and to try and keep the handle up away from the top of the box. This minimizes vibration also. A speaker change will do wonders for it's tone. I am sure daVooDoo will add his own findings on the AD30VT.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.