We've got a couple of great threads concerning specific "boost" pedals that some of you guys use. I wanted to start a new one that addresses HOW you guys are using them.

I read one comment from someone here at the Fret that said they didn't know how they ever lived without pushing the signal like that before. I've also read from other users at other forums expressing their appreciation for such a device.

I've had one for years, since the 80s. It's the MXR Micro Amp. I used it primarily to kick the *** of the preamp of my Marshall to induce complete and utter saturation. Worked well for that but now I'm rediscovering that it is a great signal booster...especially useful when in line with several pedals on my pedal board. While any audible evidence of signal degradation from the entire pedal chain isn't clearly discernable I can very easily hear the overall improvement of signal and tone while the Micro Amp is engaged. The only time I don't use the boost is when I'm using the high gain Guv'nor Plus pedal. I could still keep the Micro Amp on while using the Guv but I'd need to reduce the gain knob down somewhat. With everything else it cleans up the sound and gives it that little nudge for clarity. Nowadays there are many different types of boost pedals and for those of you who use them tell us what they are and more specifically how you're running them.