Head unit KPM4100 is 100 watt out through two eight ohm jacks on the back. The speaker cabs are eight ohm Kustom KSC10's. They have ten inch speakers and tweeter horns. They look fairly nice.

Seems to be a decent unit for at home use practicing. Got an Audio technica dynamic DR-VX1 digital reference mic and a good cable xlr both ends.

The cables from the mixer/amp to the cabs are made out of household lamp wire. You know, the flat type with the two wires molded together with the groove down the middle. The type wire that any appliance like a toaster or radio would have.

I can't imagine this being shielded in any substantial way.

Do you think getting speaker cables would be a good idea? I have access to two 25 footers at a real good price, both new.

Why would Kustom market the unit with lamp cord wire to the cabs? Does this make sense in any significant way? Is this where my feedback is probably coming from?

Ideas are appreciated. Seems otherwise like a nice small four channel PA that I can play my acoustic with the Dean Markley humbucker through. I have the D. Markley footpedal acoustic preamp that I put in line before inputing into the KPM4100. I tried this and it sounded great. Turn up the volume on the DM preamp and you don't have to crank the PA.

I was using a guitar amp, 120 watt 2 12 inch and I had to max the volume to get good acoustic volume and turn down all of the eq except the mid. Plus I couldn't hook up a microphone and have it sound anywhere near good.

I'm hoping this small PA will be good for practicing at home. Playing my electrics through amps and singing through the PA. Using the acoustic Seagull 20th aniv. s6 with spruce top and with blonde flammed maple sides and back. I get great tone from the PA with this. Much easier than trying to get a good sound out of a regular guitar amp.

Does this sound like a reasonable set up?

Thanks for the ideas.

Duffy
Winfield, Pa.
mbolduc@dejazzd.com