Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Please allow me to introduce myself.......

Thread: Please allow me to introduce myself.......

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please allow me to introduce myself.......

Hi all.

I have been referred to this forum by a couple of nice folks. They stated there is a lot of cool people here and a lot of good info and I'm all for both.

Here is my story............

My name is Vinni Smith. I am a guitar player from Central California. I have been playing Pro guitar for over 30 years now AND I SUCK! I was concieved in New England and born and raised here in California. At birth my name was Mario Vincenzo Mallozzi. I am an Italian boy. Adopted by a very cool "Oakie" fello when I was 5 years old and he changed my name to Walter Cleveland Smith Jr. Can you believe that one? After I grew up I could not live with Walter anymore. I was called things like Waffle, Walturd, Walter Cronkite. Finally, I legally changed my name back to Vincent. I kept Smith. I hate the name Walter! Don't ever call me Walter! I am going to start a band some day and call it "Not Walter". Mrs V's middle name is Lane and both of my children's middle names are Lane SOOOO I chose to be called Vincent Lane Smith. COOL Huh?

I am a short, fat dude. I do still have all my hair, however. I think I look like Danny Devito but a lot of guitar forumites think I look like the infamous Ed Roman. However, the other day some gal stopped me in the frozen food section of Raleys and asked if I was Brad Pitt! It was odd that she had a dog with her and it wore a jacket that read "Guide Dogs for the Blind". What does that mean?

I spent the first 20 years of my career trying to sound like Peter Frampton. I gave up on that quest and then switched my goal to sounding like Robben Ford. That didn't work out so well either and I gave up on that also. Everyone tells me that I sound like Carlos Santana so I guess I will just stick with that default for now.

I like women with great big boobs. I like it when they wear their clothes too tight. I prefer them to be approx 35 lbs overweight. Too much make-up and dyed hair are a plus as well. REALLY, No joke.

I hate old guitars. I think they smell bad, they play bad and usually sound bad. I just don't understand why someone would want to spend $35k for some old, beat up Strat that usually won't stay in tune. I just don't get it. I like new technology and new guitars. The better looking and sounding the guitar is, the more I like it. I have a 92 PRS Custom 24, A 96 PRS Santana I, A Burns of London Brian May, A Tak Nylon String, An Ovation Deluxe Acoustic and yes I do have one old guitar, a 63 Fender MusicMaster. I have to admit it is a cool little guitar, however it is one of the only old ones that I have played that I do like.

I HATE sports. I think sports are a waste of time. I hate talking about sports, I hate hearing about sports and I really hate getting ready to watch my favorite show, Everyone Loves Raymond, only to find it pre-empted by a basketball game. That alsmost makes me go postal!

I also hate talking about cars. Cars, Cars, Cars. That's all some guys talk about. Have they not heard about food? Guitars? Tone? Amps? Wholetone scales over the IV chord?

I am the inventor and maker of the V-Pick. I won't go on about that much because I don't want to break any forum rules here. You can check them out @ www.v-picks.com

I have been married to Mrs V for 29 years now. She is about 3" taller than me and is absolutely georgeous! She is an artist and has a white dove release business as well. She has been in support of my music now for almost 30 years. How many women do you know that would be understanding if you were gone for 3 days strait, in bars with dancing women? Not many. She and my daughter raise Guide Dogs for the Blind. They do this because they believe it "gives back their lives" to the receivers of the dogs. Those girls both have real servant's hearts.

I used to have a personal website with my music on it but I think the only people that actually looked at the site were Me, My Manager and Mrs V. So I canceled the service and now I just have a myspace site.
    It is www.myspace.com/vinnismith You can hear some of my songs there. Please don't throw tomatoes, and especially not the green ones. They hurt!

Thats all I have to say right now. Just wanted to say hello.

Cheers to you all. Do good things.

vinni
    Last edited by Vinni Smith; March 24th, 2006 at 05:42 PM.