Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The ADxxVT settings thread!

Thread: The ADxxVT settings thread!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I have a clean Bassmann (4*10) on channel one, a slightly distorted Uk70s on the 2 channel. The manual mode ist most times set on the Uk80s with a little bit delay. So in combination with the Bluebreaker pedal i can switch between 6 different settings. Often i play chords on the bassmann, solo then with the booster on (cuts through very well). When playng crunchy rhythm i play the Uk 70s and then change on Uk80s for the solo.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Got it! Here's what the issue was/is with the AD100VT. With the 212 configuration, the bottom end (bass) is pretty powerful with the master above 12:00. If I cranked the mids on the amp while running the master at 3:00, lead tones would be heavy on the midrange due to the tube distortion and produce some muddy bass. What I did tonight was set the tone on the amp with the master below or at 12:00 and that added some top end . Also, adding some compression to the lead tones also evened out the bass and the treble when using the neck pup and bridge pup respectively. I was able to dial in a sweet Boutique OD lead tone that had some top end shimmer, smooth mids, and a tighter bass. Didn't have to tweak the guitar tone knob as much on the bridge settings.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi all

New here! I have a 30 that I am really enjoying.

Try this,

boutique clean

Gain - Full
    Treble 12 o'clock
    mid - 12 o'clock
    bass - 9 o'clock
    All three volumes - full

maybe a little reverb.

This setting has a lot of nice top end and simply roars, imo. not much dirt though, but it works for me.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

ok...i'm trying to set up a nice clean jazzy tone on my vox30 to use with my ibanez artcore with dual humbuckers...any suggestions on where to start?

thanks,
    ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    ok...i'm trying to set up a nice clean jazzy tone on my vox30 to use with my ibanez artcore with dual humbuckers...any suggestions on where to start?
    IMO, the Boutique Clean model is tough to beat for what you're describing. Keep the Gain at 12 noon or less and adjust other settings to taste.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moshe
    New here! I have a 30 that I am really enjoying.

Try this,

boutique clean

Gain - Full
    Treble 12 o'clock
    mid - 12 o'clock
    bass - 9 o'clock
    All three volumes - full

maybe a little reverb.

This setting has a lot of nice top end and simply roars, imo. not much dirt though, but it works for me.

Chris
    I reread this topic and took notes, went home...tried up until this one and stopped after I got here....saweeeeeet!

But she was hummin! But with all the dials burried you kinda gotta expect it....turned the gain back to bout 2 and the hum got mild.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    I reread this topic and took notes, went home...tried up until this one and stopped after I got here....
    Don't stop--keep experimenting. No one setting is good for everything, obviously. I've found good, useful set-ups with every model up through the UK'80's (not being a metalhead, I don't go beyond that amp model too often!). The Boutique CL is a great amp model, as you've found; AAMOF, I was just playing my son's Squier Tele through that one tonight. Sweet tones, both clean and with an OD pedal! The AC30TB model will produce some fantastic tones, too. Keep spinnin' them chickenheads!
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Don't stop--keep experimenting... Keep spinnin' them chickenheads!
    Are you kidding? I couldnt stop if I tried...Im just looking for good starting points...and yall have had this amp long than me, so I greatly appreciate the helpful advice.

Post Thanks / Like

DVM, I really like the Black 2x12 setting...but that SRV is awesome! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Keep spinnin' them chickenheads!
    DVM is the AD Voxmaster.... thanks for the tips & direction...
    Guitars: A Few
    Amps: A Couple
    Pedals/Effects: Sure

We've done four already, but now we're steady, and then they went one-two-three-four....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big K
    DVM is the AD Voxmaster....
    INDEED! Very helpful too!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget with the vox foot switch you can choose 1, 2 or manual and that will give you 3 settings.
    Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW here's where the Xaviere and I are mostly living on the AD50VT these days:

Black 2X12
    Gain dimed
    Volume dimed
    Treble 3:00
    Mid dimed
    Bass 10:00

I can get a nice range of distortions with my guitar's volume knob, just like the manual says. With the P90s the vibe is generally dirty-but-chimey, good for the sort of low-fi roots punk I'm into these days. This setting also sounds good with a bit of compression when the whim strikes.

I also use this for a clean setting:

Tweed 4x10
    Gain 10:00
    Volume 3:00
    Treble 2:00
    Mid 3:00
    Bass 12:00
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Default andy timmons "mesa boogie" or eric johnson"tube driver"

please someone tried to emulate those tones??: i cant do it.