My new J-185 EC Rosewood arrived today.
Backstory: I've been lusting after a Spruce on Rosewood Jumbo EC for the last two years, specifically the Gibson J-185 EC Rosewood. When Sweetwater finally got one in stock I figured I could get it in time to take on tour so I immediately pulled the trigger and got it on order. Matt at SW promised it would be checked over there before shipping and guaranteed perfection. Heh!

Here's what arrived:
First, it left SW last Friday (7th) with a delivery date of 11th. Sat all weekend in Todedo and finally got moving on Monday with a changed delivery date of 12th. On Tuesday delivery date was changed to 13th.
Arrived about 45min ago even though tracking says it's still in Cocoa, FL.
Outer box was undamaged/unmarked, inner Gibson box was unopened (and therefore uninspected at SW.)
Case should have been a factory defect as it has crooked hinges and awful lam bubbling.
Regardless, opened case and caught the incredible toxic stench of wet nitrocellulose. I've never smelled anything so disagreeable on a guitar. I'm used to the pleasant smell of a new guitar, something more akin to spruce, or cedar, or anything but that... obviously left the factory way too soon!

I picked up the guitar and preamp unit fell into upper bout. That was enough for me! If this is what 3K gets a Gibson customer these days, I'm out!
No wonder everyone is playing Taylor's these days and music stores are no longer carrying Gibson.