Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Valve Jr transformation is complete....

Thread: The Valve Jr transformation is complete....

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

How expensive would it be to source the rest of the parts and make it a head version? I've been looking at the valve junior lately and was going to mod it into a more vox like sound anyway, so this might be a really cool option.

Post Thanks / Like

Got ambitious and pulled out the chassis for a couple of photos:

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, DVM.

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    Got ambitious and pulled out the chassis for a couple of photos:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talking

My EVJ board arrived today. Its the Voxy version as well. Hopefully I'll wire it up next week.

Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Ah the yellow board. Should provide slightly glassier treble and more intricately shaped highs than the red one DVM has....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    Ah the yellow board. Should provide slightly glassier treble and more intricately shaped highs than the red one DVM has....
    You know it!
    Yellow boards are the secret to increased touch sensitivity as well, but don't tell DVM.
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin
    You know it!
    Yellow boards are the secret to increased touch sensitivity as well, but don't tell DVM.
    But the red boards have more tonal warmth and superior gain characteristics. This is widely known....

Seriously, that's great, Tig. Looking forward to hear what you think of the finished product.

BTW, Bloozcat just got one of these new VJr boards, too....

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, mine came in last Thursday, one day before I went out of town for 4-days. I should get started on it this week the good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

And of course, mine is a red board as well....
    Ah, nothing relieves the discomfort of GAS pains like the sound of the UPS truck rumbling down your street. It's like the musician's Beano.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bloozcat
    Yep, mine came in last Thursday, one day before I went out of town for 4-days. I should get started on it this week the good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise.

And of course, mine is a red board as well....
    Yes, but the yellow board will make women within range turn to puddy in your hands. It's a known fact!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vroomery
    How expensive would it be to source the rest of the parts and make it a head version? I've been looking at the valve junior lately and was going to mod it into a more vox like sound anyway, so this might be a really cool option.
    Not sure what you're asking. Do you already have a Valve Jr. that you want to convert? If so, what version? Or are you talking about building a head from scratch?

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!