Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current Favorite Valvetronix Amph Model

Post Thanks / Like

Lately with my strats I've been using the AC-30 and UK 70's settings. It seems the more I play, the more I'm getting away from the high gain amp models.

Even with my Flextone, the 4 patches I have locked in are the Twin Reverb, AC-30, JTM-45, and the Silver Jubilee (High Gain).
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

The Tweed is great for SRV stuff, but my bread-and-butter clean is the Blackface one. I've been messing with the US Higain but I'm having some issues removing the high-end harshness.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tunghaichuan
    Or build one

tung
    Yeah, stop putzing around with pedals & build an amph!

...I'd probably buy one of those .
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Been having a blast today and have locked in the following settings on CH1 as my go-to channel. It sounds tremendous with both my Guitars, the GS especially, and with the Vox BigBen overdrive its niiiiiice.
    AC15 model, gain 10 oclock, volume maxed, treble 1 o clock, mid 12 o clock, bass 1 o clock, touch of reverb, volume to suit: :
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy
    Been having a blast today and have locked in the following settings on CH1 as my go-to channel. It sounds tremendous with both my Guitars, the GS especially, and with the Vox BigBen overdrive its niiiiiice.
    AC15 model, gain 10 oclock, volume maxed, treble 1 o clock, mid 12 o clock, bass 1 o clock, touch of reverb, volume to suit: :
    Mr G,

I just dialed it in, not bad. I'm being nice to the kids this morning and not playing the Valve Jr for another 1/2 hour.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I am happy I can give an answer to this question now that I play this amph once a week :-)

My favourites are the Deluxe 2x12 and the UK70.
    I treat the Deluxe just like I treat a real Fender Blackface amp so the setting is:

Gain 6
    Treble 6
    Bass 2
    Mid 3
    (Reverb 2)

That is the magical Fender 6 6 6! Gain 6, (Bass & Mid 2x3 =6), Treble 6

Sounds awesomely good in a band surrounding. I dig this amp more and more.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75
    Hey, I am happy I can give an answer to this question now that I play this amph once a week :-)

My favourites are the Deluxe 2x12 and the UK70.
    I treat the Deluxe just like I treat a real Fender Blackface amp so the setting is:

Gain 6
    Treble 6
    Bass 2
    Mid 3
    (Reverb 2)

That is the magical Fender 6 6 6! Gain 6, (Bass & Mid 2x3 =6), Treble 6

Sounds awesomely good in a band surrounding. I dig this amp more and more.
    Since the chicken-head knobs don't have numbers & go from from about 7 o'clock to about 5 o'clock, would that be:

Gain 1:00
    Treble 1:00
    Bass 9:00
    Mid 10:00

or the magical 1 1 90?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Since the chicken-head knobs don't have numbers & go from from about 7 o'clock to about 5 o'clock, would that be:

Gain 1:00
    Treble 1:00
    Bass 9:00
    Mid 10:00

or the magical 1 1 90?
    Cörrect
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

I am very very happy with the tone & feel of the P90 on my Godin 5th Avenue into the Black 2x12 model with headphones.

I didn't know what to expect. It sounds sweet.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

While my TM60 was in the repair shop I was using my DA5 on Clean2 (=Black 2x12 in the ADs) with all three knobs at 2 o'clock. For drives I turned it to Crunch 2 (=UK 80s) and didn't touch the other controls. I always turn the noise reduction as far down as possible, the amp just opens up and breathes a lot better.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I am very very happy with the tone & feel of the P90 on my Godin 5th Avenue into the Black 2x12 model with headphones.

I didn't know what to expect. It sounds sweet.
    Yeah, that was my favorite model for my P90 Xaviere too. Man, I've REALLY got to get another P90 axe sometime soon.

I've been playing my tele into the AC30 setting:

Gain 10:00
    Vol dimed
    Tre 2:00
    Mid Dimed
    Bass 10:00

Nice teetering-on-the-edge-of breakup sound, though as often as not I'll use the OCD to push it over -- drive knob at about 1:00, volume at 9:00 or so.
    "When I play, I express my feelings very fast." -Yomo Toro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ro3b
    Yeah, that was my favorite model for my P90 Xaviere too. Man, I've REALLY got to get another P90 axe sometime soon.
    It must be that the Blackface scooped tone plays well with the somewhat middy character of P90s.
    I pick a moon dog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12