Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I finally own my law degree! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I finally own my law degree!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by street music
    Congrats Shiner, I think that's a fine acheivment in life. When CB starts touring you will be able to take some of her case load and stay at work while the rest of us become roadies and don't worry we'll send pics from all the stadiums full of fans.
    hey that's a great idea...i want to be a roadie....i mean someone has to take care of cb's rack....errr you know...the one for all her guitars....i'm just sayin'.... : :

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, you guys are the greatest! Just knowing my friends will be there to take care of her while I'm spending all her money and stuff . . .

HEY, WAIT A MINUTE HERE!

(Don't ask me why I threw the Canadian flag in there, it just seemed right )
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Dang, if I had just bought one of those I'd own as many guitars as Spudman by now.
    Hey, if I would have bought one too I would have so many guitars that you'd never catch up. $30 is a heck of a price for a law degree. I guess I should have shopped around.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    $30 is a heck of a price for a law degree. I guess I should have shopped around.
    Don't feel bad Spud. I know a couple of lawyers who I swear got their degree by sending in ten Post Toasties box tops.

Do they still make Post Toasties?
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!! I know what that is like. I paid off my undergraduate loan a few years back, and then went back to grad school....now I'm going to be paying for another 19 years! lol
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Congratulations!

That's a good thing. I know from my brother.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

That is one of the things my wife and I are most proud off. We were able to get my daugher through college and she has no bills. On the other hand we could not help her husband and she has to bear the brunt of his college debts. It is almost criminal how easy they make it to get the money and of course nobody at the time realizes how hard it is to pay them off after school.
    There should be a course on that one.
    The best one I heard was a guy and girl who didn't need college money (their parents had invested and put money aside for their education.) but applied for it and took the money and invested it in real estate. They bought the place they were living in while going to college. Rented a couple of rooms and sold it at the end of school and made a huge profit 5 years later. Paid off the loans and had money for another downpayment on their new home.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Whoa.

18 years.

Thank goodness my parents paid for most of mine. (I worked summers during as well.)

Congrats!
    Last edited by Brian Krashpad; July 18th, 2008 at 08:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    Whoa.

18 years.

Thank goodness my parents paid for most of mine. (I worked summers during as well.)
    Yeah, Shiner! I was fortunate that way too. I really respect the folks that paid for it out of their own flesh. My parents helped me out too, though I always had a job to help. I did not have that burden hanging over me after school, and I am sure glad you have retired yours. :
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. Two guitar playing Texas lawyers. Living under the same roof. Got to be a country song in that.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, working while in law school was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I'm grateful that I was able to help both of my kids so they won't have to carry the kind of debt I did. I have mixed feelings about the whole student loan program. On the one hand, if it weren't for student loans a lot of folks would never be able to achieve an education. But I don't like the way the educational industry pushes them, encouraging kids to borrow every penny they can without thinking about the hardship it can cause. When I was in law school we were told that we would be making so much money when we got out that we would have our loans paid off in no time.

Now Evenkeel, lets get to work on that song.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

(to a basic cowboy shuffle or lope)

Two Texas Lawyers . . .
    Hung out in the foyer . . .
    Pickin', on their ol' guitars . . .

When one hit the bottle . . .
    And then hit the throttle . . .
    Now they're pickin' out under the stars . . .

(ok, someone take it)
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    (to a basic cowboy shuffle or lope)

Two Texas Lawyers . . .
    Hung out in the foyer . . .
    Pickin', on their ol' guitars . . .

When one hit the bottle . . .
    And then hit the throttle . . .
    Now they're pickin' out under the stars . . .

(ok, someone take it)

But I was thinking more of a blues thing:

I woke up this mornin' . . .
    And stumbled cross the floor . . .
    Knocked over the bottle of Jack . . .
    I left the night before . . .

Wasted some whiskey . . .
    Now the wife is pissed at me . . .
    What the hell do I care
    I'm just trying to take a . . . . . . . .

Well, you get the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

I see you guys been playin' with the desktop blues,pretty good there.Sumi
    Guitars,Warmoth Tele,90's Fender Strat Plus/Fender CV 50's Tele/Parker p-36/Fretlight/Custom Strat(Fender body/warmoth Clapton neck,tonerider pups)Larrivee L03 mahogany acoustic

Amphs/66 Super Reverb/60's Bandmaster head and 2/12 cab/Blues jr//epi valve jr/supro super/ ZT lunchbox/Mahaffay Little Laneilei 3350/Pignose g40v

Pedals/Voods Rodent/MXR carbon copy/Duncan Pickup booster/Ts9/Rat/ts10/Line 6 tone port uk2
    Line 6 M13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner
    Yeah, working while in law school was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I'm grateful that I was able to help both of my kids so they won't have to carry the kind of debt I did. I have mixed feelings about the whole student loan program. On the one hand, if it weren't for student loans a lot of folks would never be able to achieve an education. But I don't like the way the educational industry pushes them, encouraging kids to borrow every penny they can without thinking about the hardship it can cause. When I was in law school we were told that we would be making so much money when we got out that we would have our loans paid off in no time.

Now Evenkeel, lets get to work on that song.
    can't say too much about the song but guess it's a common misconception they hand you when going to school that once you are in practice(which takes a long time) you can easily pay off loans Sam gave you.wonder if they(Gov) still do Pell grants?knew some folks that did that they're great in as much as I heard you don't have to pay them back.

oh by the way Congatulations Shiner on a feat well done with help from your better half.Now that will be another uphill battle but hopefully worth it in the end :
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

He's got his writ of mandamus
    Habeas corpus too
    When you're up on the docket
    He'll have you singin' the blues.

Yeah, you got the blues
    Them Shiner lawyerin' blues
    He owns hisself a dugree
    And he's comin' right after you.
    Jus' pray to God in heaven
    He doesn't bring his modeling pictures too.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    . . .
    Jus' pray to God in heaven
    He doesn't bring his modeling pictures too.
    Dude, I spurted coffee on my laptop.

Post Thanks / Like

"I'm quittin' all this drinkin',
    Gonna quit postin' Neked Tractor Guy,"

"Gonna sit on the front porch,
    And play on my Firefly,"

Shiner said, "I own my own deegree,"
    "Time to turn over a brand new leaf,"

CB said, "Nuttin' doin' hon,"
    And kicked him in his legal briefs!

He got da blooooooooz, them ownin' the deegree blooz!

This is proof that I don't EVER need to be a songwriter!:
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe
    "I'm quittin' all this drinkin',
    Gonna quit postin' Neked Tractor Guy,"
    It's gotta be believable Kat.

Actually it's just a song, I guess it doesn't have to be believable. Nevermind.

VROOOM!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12