Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Thread: Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Looper's Delight.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

I found that site earlier but didnt have a chance to fully explore it, and my first impression was it was more techno and hip-hop styles...but from your link I found this whole page of links and articles...so thanks for the link!:

When I get a chance I plan on recording some of those "play along" CD songs that Ive never really used, I think thatll help me get the ball rollin on this thing and give me a good idea about using longer loops vs shorter...Im kinda anxious to see if this "reverse" button will let me rewind a lil with a longer loop so I dont have to start all over if I choke or wanna learn a specific riff a lil better.

Post Thanks / Like

I just loaded a few "play along" tracks and saved them into the presets...but now that Ive done this(and now that Im bout to sell my Vox AD30) will this pedal have any ill effects on my tube amp??? Suddenly Im kinda worried.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Not apples and apples, but I have the Digitech Jamman and it has ill effects with my AD30VT (guitar>RP350>Jamman>AD30VT), but has no ill effect on my Valve Jr.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

The only 'ill effect' I can think of is if you try playing recorded tracks back through a distorted amp. That's going to sound like doo doo. The best way is to find a clean setting on the Vox and use a distortion pedal for the guitar and let the recorded track play into a nice clean amph.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    That's going to sound like doo doo.
    You guitarists and your technical terms!
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I've been curious about these things for a while and I have a few basic questions. The first one is: where in the chain does it go: is it guitar->loop station->amp? If it is, I guess that answers my next question: Can I have it record a clean guitar sound playing a chord progression, and then play a distorted sound over it? I take it if the chain is as I described above that would not be possible. Conversely, is there a way to do what I'm hoping to do? Will I need an amp with an effects loop to be able to do that?

I've seen both RC20s and RC2s come up in my local Craigslist every once in a while. Next time I'll pay more attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    You guitarists and your technical terms!
    It's got to be kept simple cause, well, they are guitarists ya know.

I've been curious about these things for a while and I have a few basic questions. The first one is: where in the chain does it go: is it guitar->loop station->amp?
    I've found if it is the last thing before going into the amp then I have all the versatility of the pedals that come before it to alter what I play for the next loop or layer. ie: record a clean phrase then while that is playing add some distortion and Rotovibe to play a lead over the recorded phrase.

I haven't tried it in the effects loop yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Not apples and apples, but I have the Digitech Jamman and it has ill effects with my AD30VT (guitar>RP350>Jamman>AD30VT), but has no ill effect on my Valve Jr.
    I used it this morning on my Vox and she worked fine, but then again Im not running it through an RP either...but my Deville seems to be doing fine with the "play along" CDs in the background.

But Im kinda amazed at the similarities of the two loopers...I almost wonder how well this would work with the Boss?

Does anybody have this one?