My weekend looked a lot like this except with one of the guitars in my hands.

wifey was out of town on a back pack trip with her girlfriends. Me, the kids and the MIL hung at home. I got all my recording software working again after not having it updated (or using it for that matter) for quite some time. Figured out how to mic my Concert with two mics, set up the SM57 and AT2035, pointed the 57 an inch or two off the screen a little above center cone on lower right speaker, put the 2035 a couple feet back directed toward the top of the upper right speaker as shown. Started working on recording a cover of a Joey Ramone's punk cover of Wonderful World. Worked on it much of saturday, but with many interruptions due to Dad duties, which come first of course. Did not get it recorded well enough to post yet, but did get a lot of stuff figured out in terms of twiddling knobs and getting sounds I think I want.

I don't have a bass, but do have some recorded drums someone gave me, but I might have to re-do a portion to make it fit what I am learning. So in lieu of bass, I have been using the Hag for the main guitar part of this punk song, and using the tele to cover bass with some palm muted power chords and the tone rolled back. But other than wanting the amazing sustain of the Hag, I almost want to use the tele for the main guitar too. Way easier to control this loud and distorted. But the Hag's sustain, and when it is right, on the edge rolling into feedback tone is pretty fun. I was liking the DS-1 with the Bad Monkey later in the chain to smooth it out for this task. Volume knob dependent for sure, but was getting some old school punk tones, or at least ones I enjoy, out of that with both guitars. It was a bit loud at my house most of yesterday and a bit of today. Gonna keep playing with it. Why not? I don't know what I am doing anyway. Might as well just play with it!

Did get a decent mountain bike ride in today, and kept the kids on task on the stuff that needed to get done before mom got home. Had a cook out over a back yard fire with fresh corn and watermelon. Avoided media coverage of 9/11 (I certainly remember and send prayers and mojo to all affected directly and indirectly, but did not want to join the media coverage in any way), and felt thankful to have my family and a nice day to enjoy with them.