Thread: Fender Toronado Deluxe

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

John Frusciante of Red Hot Chili Peppers, uses an orange one on the bands video "Can't Stop," though he has been quoted as saying he did not play it and hated it, he only used it in the video because the director asked him (Frusciante is known to only play vintage guitars).
    That'll teach me to post things before researching them.:
    http://soundcloud.com/tarasque

Guitars: Encore Strat, No-Name Les Paul copy, Cort Acoustic, Vintage VRS100AW, Schecter Tempest Custom, Cort VX-4V, Dean Inferno V.

Amphs: Ashdown Fallen Angel FA 60 DSP, Harley-Benton GA5.

Pedals: Zoom G2.1U, Digitech Screamin' Blues, Electro-Harmonix Stereo Electric Mistress, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tibernius
    John Frusciante of Red Hot Chili Peppers, uses an orange one on the bands video "Can't Stop," though he has been quoted as saying he did not play it and hated it, he only used it in the video because the director asked him (Frusciante is known to only play vintage guitars).
    It is proven that vintage guitars are much easier on track marks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Teleblaster
    It is proven that vintage guitars are much easier on track marks.
    And you can pawn them for bigger bucks when you need to score.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2004 Fender American Deluxe Toronado

Hi,
    I bought this in 2006 from GuitarTrader.com for $700. Supposedly a blem. Listed for $1299. There's no blem. The Deluxe came with strap locks, a high-end Fender hardshell case and a leather strap. Anyway, it's an American Toro and it's simply a down and dirty no frills axe. I don't use it much. I prefer my Strat or my Tele.

In short, if you're doing music that doesn't call for tasty tone it's a great guitar. The one I have plays well and stays in tune. Neck's fast. Not too heavy. To me the body style is it's strong suit. Ala Jazzmaster. Cool black headstock. There are several choices out there and I don't think any new models are made in the US. Here's the Wiki link: http://www.shortscale.org/wiki/index...ender_Toronado
    There's my 2 cents worth.