Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Crate V5 mods... anyone?

Thread: Crate V5 mods... anyone?

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jim p View Post
    Yes just put the resistor across the two outside lugs of the pot to parallel it. I looked at the schematic and originally the signal to the second tube was across a 10k resistor so with adding the resistor in parallel with the 250k pot the resistance will be 22k or 42k so still more signal but closer to the original level before the mod. If you don’t have a schematic for the amp just call Crate (Loud Technologies) and they will e-mail you a PDF.
    Going to remove op amp per your instructions around post #160 or so. Wish I would have been doing this when the topic was fresh but here goes another question... will the op amp removal adversely affect the volume/gain mod. I'm looking at the board and my untrained eye says no but wouls hate to do it and wind up at full volume because I read the traces wrong! I really think the answer is no but want to make sure because this thing makes me nervous now that I know how careful I have to be with it. I never should have started reading, these things hold a lot of voltage!!!!!
    EDIT: My bad, meant to say thank you for your help!
    Last edited by Christopher Whitlow; June 16th, 2011 at 05:23 AM. Reason: non-ya