Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

FAT Strat - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAT Strat

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I am jealous of that one Strum. Looks like a great axe. So does Hubberjub's but I really like the standard type 'bucker in the bridge.
    Hubberjub's is a fine guitar, I wouldn't mind one like that. I still want to get my white Fender Strat with a maple neck. That is what I was looking for when Plank threw temptation before my eyes. Although he sidetracked me, I never have had a regret - well, maybe I had wished it was white, but other than that, no regrets.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my modified Floyd Rose DST-3 with a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon in the bridge and Dimarzio Area '61s in the middle and neck:

Larger version
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

www.box.net/files#1:f:0:1:f_237404106

pic of fat strat as requested by Strum
    helliott in Hamilton
    Guitars -- 2 PRS CE 24s 85/15 pups, PRS semi-hollow CE 22, Fender Baja Telecaster; Gibson Les Paul Standard; 80s Strat updated with custom 69 pups, Anniversary Strat with Fat 50s, Epiphone Sheraton re-issue; Yamaha 5-string bass; Yamaha TBS 6 and 12 string acoustics,Takamine acoustic, Fender nylon string acoustic
    Amps -- Mesa Boogie Lone Star; Boss Katana 100, Peavey Blueamaster 2x10, Line 6 Helix
    Pedals etc: Mosfet Full Drive 2; Ibanez Tube Screamer; Fairfield Barbershop OD, Diamond Compressor; Voodo Sparkledrive, Boss Digital Delay DD7; Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner; Cry Baby wah

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by helliott
    www.box.net/files#1:f:0:1:f_237404106

pic of fat strat as requested by Strum
    Can't get in.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    Here's my modified Floyd Rose DST-3 with a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon in the bridge and Dimarzio Area '61s in the middle and neck:

Larger version
    Very nice Marnold. What did that look like before the mods?
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Very nice Marnold. What did that look like before the mods?
    A little something like this:

Larger version

The rest of the details are in this thread. I much prefer the black pup/control look vs. the white. The pickguard is pearloid and sort of off-white so I didn't think the two worked so hot together. The new pickups sound tons better, especially the single coils.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I like the black pups, they give it an edge. You need some wood filler for that whole in the headstock - how many times has that been said to you? Probably like bald jokes, there isn't one I haven't heard.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I like the black pups, they give it an edge. You need some wood filler for that whole in the headstock - how many times has that been said to you? Probably like bald jokes, there isn't one I haven't heard.
    I think the reason these guitars didn't sell well is partially because of the special strings required but mainly because of the headstock. I'd rather have it like that than headless. I've always thought a miniature stained glass window would look cool in there.

I always have to laugh how much guitarists get caught up in headstock shape.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold
    I've always thought a miniature stained glass window would look cool in there.
    That would be a cool mod.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Before I had a Fender or Squier, I thought the term had something to do with the thickness of the body.
    Oddly enough there is a difference in body thickness. American Strats are 3/16" thicker than imports - at least the ones I've seen. Anyone else notice that?
    Dreadman
    My Guitars

I didn't hear ya, there was something bluesy in my ear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadman
    Oddly enough there is a difference in body thickness. American Strats are 3/16" thicker than imports - at least the ones I've seen. Anyone else notice that?
    I found out the hard way that Affinity Squiers are thinner. I bought the tremolo/steel block kit from Guitar Fetish and it sticks out the back of the guitar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadman

Nice call!!!

:
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12