Thread: Humbled and Happy

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Well, visiting FatSound is like taking a trip to the North Pole and visiting Santa's workshop for guitar nuts. They have the most incredible selection of top shelf amps and guitars I have seen under one roof in a long time. And the folks there are super nice. It was a long ride at about 7 hours each way, but definitely worth the trip. I had a great time and I'm excited about my new relationship with them.
    I checked out that BluesBoy for you Katastrophe. I had to ask them if it was new or pre-owned, it was that nice. I didn't plug it in but I did noodle on it a bit and it's pretty spanky, nice and resonant even without an amp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otaypanky
    I checked out that BluesBoy for you Katastrophe. I had to ask them if it was new or pre-owned, it was that nice. I didn't plug it in but I did noodle on it a bit and it's pretty spanky, nice and resonant even without an amp.
    I was afraid you were gonna say that!

I played a minty used American G&L ASAT at the local GAS station fairly recently... I was amazed at the attention to detail on that guitar... It played like an absolute dream. If the imports are half as good (and I'm betting they're better than half), then it's worth the price. I'd imagine that a store that deals in that high end level of gear must treat their instruments well, and have strict standards for choosing used inventory.

I'm glad you had a good trip... Here's to a long and prosperous relationship between the two of you!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40