Ayuh, a great documentary.

Motörhead obviously created the genre 'speed metal', pun intended. Also the lyrics are full of it; speed don't kill and I'm the proof...etc...

My view of Motörhead has always been one that I always kinda appreciated and liked them, sported their T too, but always had to admit the barrage of noise was a bit too much to listen to, especially on my old boomboxes. But I wore the collection double album 'No Remorse' literally to shreds. I lost track of them in the turn of the 90's completely.

Now that I rediscovered the band and can listen to it with good gear, I love the stuff...and the looseness and noisiness that used to bother me some is now like an injection of something fresh and honest among the autotuned, generalized, produced metal music today. Thus my appreciation has greatly increased.

Also, it's always been music. Not that low-tune let's grind around open D with simple riffs and have some vocals over it, but when you listen to the songs, they are always basically blues, very nice melodies and guitar and bass doing completely different things often, creating a real composition and not just the usual grind.

I think I'll go see them the next time they're here...and bring earplugs :-)